I along with the majority of the freshman class I attended the freshman convocation ceremony. This ceremony took place on Wednesday, September 7, in Lyman auditorium, from 1-2 p.m. during this ceremony many people spoke to us however one speaker stood out to me, the President of SCSU, Dr. Battle. During his lecture to us he discussed multiple points. He talked to us about staying on track. He made it very clear that we need to graduate in four years. This is something I really need to be focused on especially because i have a really tough course load because I am a nursing student. He also stressed that we need to stay focused on our work. He said that nothing less than a 3.0 is expected considering we are paying for our education. Lastly he told us that we should all find our place in the university, whether it be a sports team club or organization. Dr. Battle told us that by getting involved we can find our support system, or our family, here at Southern.Sunday, September 11, 2011
Convocation #12
I along with the majority of the freshman class I attended the freshman convocation ceremony. This ceremony took place on Wednesday, September 7, in Lyman auditorium, from 1-2 p.m. during this ceremony many people spoke to us however one speaker stood out to me, the President of SCSU, Dr. Battle. During his lecture to us he discussed multiple points. He talked to us about staying on track. He made it very clear that we need to graduate in four years. This is something I really need to be focused on especially because i have a really tough course load because I am a nursing student. He also stressed that we need to stay focused on our work. He said that nothing less than a 3.0 is expected considering we are paying for our education. Lastly he told us that we should all find our place in the university, whether it be a sports team club or organization. Dr. Battle told us that by getting involved we can find our support system, or our family, here at Southern.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment